My Word for 2017

Friday, January 6, 2017

Quality time. Quality things. Quality over quantity. Quality books and movies. Quality experiences. This word just keeps popping up when I think about what I want from the upcoming year. 

The past year has been a whirlwind. A new baby definitely changes your priorities and makes some things much trickier. It's harder to spend time relaxing and watching a movie or grabbing a beer with a friend. Definitely still possible, but harder. Your time is limited and you want to make sure you are finding some sort of balance between home/friends/work, etc. 

With that in mind I find myself once again thinking about QUALITY. I want to do all of those things, but it might be less often than before, so I want each moment to count. I feel the same way about things. Having a baby brings a whole lot of stuff into your house. You quickly realize that your home can be filled with plastic junk if you aren't careful. 


I've purged so much in the past year and a half and it's so freeing! When I bring something into our home I want it to be something that will last for years. Whether it's wooden blocks for Sydney or a new pair of shoes for me. I'm done with buying junk.

So that's my 2017 goal. Quality in every aspect of life. Do you have any goals for the new year?

5 comments:

Kailana said...

Sounds like a great word. I hope 2017 is a Quality year all around!

Amanda said...

I think that's an awesome word to live by!

Melissa (Avid Reader) said...

Kailana - I hope it is for you too!

Amanda - It certainly makes you think before you make plans or buy something!

Anonymous said...

You are one of my most QUALITY friends. :)

Melissa (Avid Reader) said...

bkclubcare - Aww you're the best! I'm constantly inspired by the number of letters you write and the delicious-looking pies you make!