October Classic Club Meme Question

Friday, October 4, 2013



This month the Classics Club Blog asked us to go to the member list and select a fellow classics clubber to feature on your blog.

I’m in a unique position this month because I visit every single Classics Club member at least once. I’m the person who adds all of the members into our member’s page when they first join and I comment on everyone’s list. Because of this I’ve been able to see a wonderful variety of blogs and lists. I love it!

One blog stood out when I thought about this meme: Brona’s Books. I’ve had the chance to get to know her a bit better through the Classics Club. Brona’s is a lovely blogger in Australia and she picked a wonderful mixture of 75 books to create her list. I love that her site is broken down by age groups. If you’re looking for recommendations for kids or teens you’ll have an easy time finding what you want.
 
She has a great ability to get right to the point in her reviews, giving her honest and insightful thoughts on what she’s reading. Here are a couple great examples…



I’m so happy I’ve had the chance to discover so many new bloggers through the club. Though I originally joined to have a deadline for reading a bunch of classics on my TBR list, as I got more involved I’ve been thrilled to find dozens of fellow classics lovers around the globe.

I can’t wait to see what other bloggers are featured this month!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great profile! Yay, I love Brona's blog too.

Brona said...

Thank you so much Melissa (and ebookclassics. I'm feeling a little overwhelmed by the lovely shout outs :-)
I feel honoured to be a part of this wonderful group of bloggers. It has been a rewarding experience for so many of us.

JoAnn said...

Excellent choice! I first met Brona when we shared Tess as a Classics Club Spin read.

Melissa (Avid Reader) said...

ebookclassics - I had a feeling I wasn't alone : )

Brona - I completely agree. There are so many wonderful blogs out there that I might never have found without the Classics Club.

JoAnn - I love how the Classics Club is truly creating a community of bloggers!