Classics Club Spin

Saturday, February 16, 2013




The wonderful Classics Club is hosting a Classics Spin! Pick 20 books off your Classics Club List. On Monday (the 18th) they will announce a random number and you have to read that number off the list you created sometime before April 1st. I’ve listed a mixture of books I’m dreading, ones I’m looking forward to, very old ones, relatively new ones, big ones, small ones, etc. Can’t wait to see what I’ll be reading!

**UPDATE: The winner is #14 The Cement Garden by Ian McEwan! 

1) Native Son by Richard Wright
2) Cat on a Hot Tin Roof by Tennessee Williams
3) The Garden of Eden by Ernest Hemingway
4) The Magnificent Ambersons by Booth Tarkington
5) Dombey and Son by Charles Dickens
6) Roughing It by Mark Twain
7) Main Street by Sinclair Lewis
8) Gulliver's Travels by Jonathan Swift
9) Germinal by Émile Zola
10) The Three Musketeers by Alexandre Dumas
11) Sanditon by Jane Austen
12) Galapagos by Kurt Vonnegut
13) Giovanni's Room by James Baldwin
14) The Cement Garden by Ian McEwan
15) Maurice by E.M. Forster
16) The Rights of Man by Thomas Paine
17) Cat's Eye by Margaret Atwood
18) Coriolanus by William Shakespeare
19) The Warden by Anthony Trollope
20) Swallows and Amazons by Arthur Ransome

You can check out the complete details here.

4 comments:

Whitney said...

You have picked some wonderful books for the spin; I'm so curious to see what everyone's number will be.

Kristi said...

I should do this. I've been having a difficult time deciding what to read next lately. It'd be nice to have someone else choose for me.

Cat said...

I have a couple of your titles on my list. Hope the spin will give you something you will love.

Melissa (Avid Reader) said...

Whitney - Me too, it's kind of fun not to know what I'll be reading next.

Kristi - This would be perfect then!

Cat - I hope so! Even if it doesn't, maybe it will give me the push I need to start one I'm dreading.